We see you are using Internet Explorer. Some functions of this site do not function properly with Internet Explorer. The site works best on updated browsers such as Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

Commercial Litigation

Commercial Litigators in Calgary

We are experienced commercial litigators offering practical advice to help your business navigate conflict. We approach business conflicts differently: with your bottom line in mind. From controlling legal costs to protecting long-term relationships, we understand that the risk of commercial litigation extends well beyond the courtroom.

We help you understand and manage these risks, delivering outcomes that meet the goals of your business.

We Understand Your Business

Our commercial litigation team has experience with a broad range of industry sectors including oil and gas, commercial real estate, construction, real property development, insurance and retail businesses.

With lawyers trained at many of Canada’s leading business-law firms, we pride ourselves on the depth of our experience and the breadth of our practice.

We Ensure Your Litigation Strategy Matches Your Business Strategy

After ensuring that we understand your business and your business goals, we work with you to provide legal options that match your business priorities. These options might include a different negotiation strategy, mediation, arbitration or court proceedings. We will work with you to identify the expected costs, and likelihood of success.

Where going to court is necessary, we are well prepared. Our commercial litigators have extensive experience before all levels of Alberta’s Courts and with mediation and arbitration (including international arbitration).

We Are a Full-Service Commercial Litigation Group

Whether your matter requires a skilled business negotiator, complex trial work or alternative dispute resolution services like business-to-business mediation or arbitration, we are here to assist you. Our extensive experience includes:

A small, but representative, sample of recent matters handled by our litigators:

  • Representing a major shareholder in an oppression action against a local transportation company
  • Acting on behalf of an overseas construction company in a contract dispute with a local supplier
  • Representing an aerospace and defence manufacturer in a product liability case
  • Multi-party construction dispute related to construction deficiencies

I am a sole proprietor. Will you assist me?

We work for all sizes of business, and our clients range from individuals with successful home-based businesses to multinational corporations. Please contact us to discuss what type of counsel we can provide to assist you.

We have a complex contractual dispute, but need it resolved more quickly than can be done in court. Can you assist?

Increasingly, businesses are opting to seek resolutions to their disputes outside of the court system. This has resulted in the growth of arbitration and mediation. Our experienced counsel can assist you with either a mediation or arbitration. If you are seeking a mediator or arbitrator, we have experienced counsel who are qualified to act as a mediator or arbitrator to help you resolve your dispute.

I am an American or International Company, and I have a dispute with a Canadian company. What do I do?

We frequently act for American and other international companies seeking to enforce foreign judgments, or otherwise resolve disputes with Canadian companies.

We have experience acting for foreign entities under the Reciprocal Enforcement of Judgments Act to pursue collection of judgment debts in Alberta. We also have experience in international arbitrations. These arbitrations can prove to be a more efficient way to resolve complex international commercial disputes.

Give us a call to see how we can assist you with finding an efficient solution to your cross-border dispute.

I am a Canadian company, and I have a dispute with a company overseas. What do I do?

Litigating with foreign companies is complicated. We can help.

First, we will discuss with you the nature of the business relationship, and which law governs. We will then talk about potential solutions including bringing a claim in Canada, beginning an arbitration, or assisting you in retaining appropriate counsel in a foreign jurisdiction. Rest assured, our team has the experience to assist.

Contact us to see how we can make this easier.

Contact Us

    • *For conflict checking purposes
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!