Calgary Construction Lawyers
Albertans take pride in building our province both above and below ground. At Carbert Waite LLP, we serve the people who make it happen. From the architects, engineers, planners, and developers who shape the project, to the material suppliers, construction managers, and trades who bring it to life, our experienced construction lawyers serve a full range of clients across construction sectors.
Serving Alberta’s Construction Industry
We approach construction matters by understanding the relationships, timelines, dependencies, and professional standards within complex construction projects. From the first CAD to the last weld, our lawyers are equipped to provide practical legal advice every step of the way. We combine extensive construction law experience with old fashioned hard work to protect our clients’ profitability and keep their projects on track.
When legal disputes emerge, our construction lawyers are prepared to resolve disputes as pragmatically as possible, using the legal tools best suited to the job — through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and/or litigation. Completing successful construction projects requires anticipating problems and preparing alternative strategies to see the project through. Our legal work is no different.
Construction Law Services
- Bidding, tendering, and other pre-construction matters
- Builders’ liens
- Building envelope claims
- Contract disputes
- Contract drafting and interpretation
- Coverage advice on first party and third party insurance issues
- Defective workmanship, faulty design, and product liability
- Delay and cost overruns
- Development disputes
- Expropriation claims
- Negotiating, preparing, and reviewing contracts
- Occupational health and safety
- Project strategy and risk analysis
- Receivership, bankruptcy, and trust claims
- Regulatory approvals