Carbert Waite LLP is committed to connecting with the public and sharing our knowledge as we stay abreast of developing law in our areas of practice. We periodically send legal updates and commentary that we consider to be of interest to our clients and colleagues.
To join our mailing list fill out the form below.
- Jun 22, 2017 The Issue of "Issue": Construction of Wills When Parentage is Contested
- Jun 6, 2017 10 Things to Know Before Making Your Will
- May 24, 2017 What to do in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)
- Apr 10, 2017 The 2017 Federal Budget’s Impact on Workers
- Mar 23, 2017 Legal Risks for Family Practice & Responsibility for Potentially Harmful Drug Interactions
- Mar 20, 2017 Should I Accept This Severance Package?
- Jan 5, 2017 Federally Regulated Employers Be Cautious
- Sep 22, 2016 The Pendulum Swings Toward Employees Regarding Bonus Entitlements
- Aug 17, 2016 Changing (or Litigating) Workplace Policy: The Requirement of Consideration
- Jul 26, 2016 A Contract by Any Other Name: Hole v Hole, 2016 ABCA 34 (CanLII)
- Jul 26, 2016 Personal Injury Law Update: Dismissals for Long Delay (“Drop Dead Rule”)
- Jun 1, 2016 Update on State of Law on Physician-Assisted Death in Canada (May 30, 2016) (Canada (Attorney General) v. E.F., 2016 ABCA 155 (CanLII))
- May 20, 2016 Unilateral Changes to Employment Contracts
- May 19, 2016 Update on Assisted Death
- May 12, 2016 Risks of asking employees to sign employment agreements after accepting initial offers
- May 8, 2016 Employees Behaving Badly: Just Cause Termination for Conduct Outside the Workplace
- Jul 17, 2015 The New Paradigm of Summary Judgment
- Jul 17, 2015 Navigating the Complexities of an Employment Termination
- Jul 17, 2015 Physician-assisted suicide [Carter v. Canada (Attorney General), 2015 SCC 5]
- Jul 17, 2015 Court Of Appeal Clarifies the Application of Section 28 of the Personal Property Security Act
- May 27, 2015 Mental Illness in the Workplace: Legal Issues, Pre-emptive Solutions
- Apr 22, 2015 Update on the Law of Constructive Dismissal